To make an appointment you can either phone the surgery during usual opening hours or book online 24/7.
To access online appointments, patients need to speak to one of the receptionists to get the correct registration documents.
If you phone for an appointment the receptionist, who is bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the clinical staff, will take a brief description of the problem. If you would prefer not to disclose this information please say so. They will advise you on the best person who can help you. We have telephone and surgery appointments available with the nurses and doctors which can be booked up to 12 weeks in advance. On the day appointments are available for more urgent problems. These are 5 minute appointments for one problem only; you may have to wait but you will be seen.
- Telephone between 8:00am and 6:00pm
- We offer appointments up to twelve weeks in advance
- We offer appointments up to 8:00 pm on alternate Tuesday or Wednesday evenings
- We offer telephone consultations every day with the nurses and doctors for appropriate problems
- A proportion of appointments are available to book on the day for more urgent cases
- If the doctor of your choice is unavailable you will be offered the earliest possible alternative
- Medically urgent cases will always be seen
- If you cannot keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible
If you require a home visit please telephone the surgery before 10:00 am. You will normally be asked to speak to the doctor on call to give details of your illness so that he or she can assess the urgency of the visit.
Private medicals e.g. HGV etc are available by appointment. The reception staff will make arrangements and inform you of the fee. Any fee is to be paid at the time of making the appointment.
Medical Student Training
We participate in the training of medical students. The receptionist will inform you on the occasions when a medical student will be in a surgery and you will be asked for permission for the medical student to be present during your consultation, if you would prefer not to please say so. The practice would like to thank all those patients who do help us with the continuing education of our future doctors.